Back to our people
Admitted to Partnership in 2018. Andrei’s main areas of practice are banking and finance, financial regulatory matters, general corporate and commercial transactions including mergers & acquisitions, and liquidations.
He frequently assists leading credit institutions with lending transactions, including syndicated loan transactions on a cross-border basis; and advises corporate clients and banks with respect to a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance matters as well as the treatment of collateral in a context of insolvency.
He recently led the Banking and Finance team in:
- Assisting a local credit institution with setting up a securitization-based financing structure intended to assist the bank’s clients with acquiring solar farms.
- assisting a local bank with the introduction of a new home loan package product, which included the involvement of a credit intermediary.
- assisting a credit institution with negotiating a multi-million revolving facility to enable the borrower to purchase oil and petroleum-based products.
- Chamber of Advocates
- Institute of Financial Services Practitioners
- LL.M. International Banking and Finance, University of London (University College), UK
- LL.D. University of Malta, Malta
- B.A. Legal & Humanistic Studies, University of Malta, Malta