Data privacy affects all sectors and all areas of a business, gaining more prominence with the onset of GDPR in 2018. The continuous evolvement of regulation in the area requires effective means of keeping abreast with regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
Our Data Privacy group advises a broad range of clients, including local entities and multinationals, on all aspects of data protection and privacy and boasts excellent relationships not only with clients, but also with peers in working groups and the regulator.
We take pride in providing pragmatic and timely advice on all aspects of data protection and privacy.
We have also gained considerable experience in freedom of information requests, assisting clients in both formulating requests as well as public authorities in determining the appropriate manner in which to respond to such requests.
Whistleblowing regulation has also undergone some noteworthy changes, in the wake of which we have advised and assisted various entities in creating or updating their policies to ensure conformance with applicable law.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Advising on data protection and privacy compliance, including conducting compliance gap analyses;
- Advising on data breaches, including related complaints and litigation;
- Advising on processing of personal data including data transfers and data protection impact assessments;
- Advising on data subject rights, including subject access requests;
- Advising on and drafting data processing agreements, data protection policies, privacy notices and joint controller agreements;
- freedom of information legislation;
- assisting clients in investigations by the Information and Data Protection Commissioner and proceedings before the Data Protection Appeals Tribunal and the Court of Appeal