We are leaders in the dispute resolution market, recognised in particular for having brought to the field of dispute resolution a pragmatic approach when dealing with our clients’ disputes. We are also highly regarded in the legal sphere because of the way we conduct ourselves when assisting clients with their disputes. It is embedded into our firm’s culture to properly manage client risk and to resolve disputes and business issues primarily by avoiding costly and lengthy proceedings where this is possible. We work together with the client, to advise on strategy to properly determine those instances when one can achieve a settlement which is in our clients’ interest and, conversely, when to litigate in those instances when litigation is clearly the only option.
The team at Camilleri Preziosi handles a range of disputes covering the most complex and delicate matters for clients across a broad spectrum of areas covered by our practice. Our approach in this area is to use our litigation skills and depth of knowledge and experience, and to work together with colleagues from other regulatory and advisory teams, to provide our clients with the best possible outcome. It is this approach which allows us to act as leaders in the market on complex issues, deriving from practical, technical and strategic experience and know-how.
- We represent clients in complex commercial, corporate and financial litigation both before the Courts and tribunals. We are recognised in particular for our expertise in major actions involving banking disputes, corporate and shareholder disputes, and commercial disputes, and for assisting clients in contesting and appealing a number of decisions handed down by various financial, compliance and regulatory authorities.
- We also represent clients in both domestic and international commercial arbitrations in a number of sectors including amongst others construction and real estate, shipping, banking and insurance.
- We work with leading law firms around the world in connection with a number of cross border disputes and have extensive experience in collaborating and working with other law firms in different jurisdictions in contentious proceedings.
- Our team’s in-depth knowledge of Civil law as well as the extensive experience in real estate, planning and construction projects make us the go-to law firm with respect to complex, high-value litigation relating to real estate, property and construction.
- In the last ten years the firm has also developed a strong and robust litigation team and is at the forefront of handling various public law disputes, representing clients in major constitutional and administrative law disputes before the Maltese Courts from both the public and private sphere.