Our extensive practice in both capital markets work and in advising regulated entities (both of which are subject to ever increasing scrutiny) as well as our multi-disciplinary team of experts from various industry sectors and practice area provide clients with the support and advice necessary to allow them to discharge their duties and roles within the various corporate bodies in which they are involved.
We have been at the forefront of corporate governance issues and the development of this area for over 30 years. We assist corporate clients in the development and implementation of governance regimes, disclosure and transparency guidelines, market abuse regulation and overall compliance with applicable best practices in the various sectors of industry in which our clients operate.
Our experience includes:
- on-going advice to listed companies relating to compliance with the Capital Market Rules generally as well applicable best practices in their respective industry sector;
- the establishment and formulation of procedures for audit committees and other board committees;
- development and training programmes for non-executive directors,
- assistance with the formulation of directors’ remuneration policies and overall board structures that are aimed at compliance with applicable best practices
- development and articulation of board succession policies and programmes;
- advice and drafting of corporate governance compliance statements;
- assistance with and advice on regulatory issues and interface with regulators on governance matters;
- Compliance audits with respect to governance structures in regulated entities and listed companies, including gap analysis and risk assessments of potential deficiencies.
Through our experience in this area we have also developed a programme to assist clients, most notably, family companies in their third or fourth generation, in the development and implementation of appropriate and tailor-made programmes and structures for corporate governance which can avoid or mitigate the risk of disruption by family members not involved in the business or in assisting with the creation of the right disciplines in preparation for a public offering of shares of the family business.
We also provide comprehensive company secretarial support services to our clients, particularly to companies that are either regulated entities or listed entities and that require our on-going support in ensuring that programmes and structures on which we may have advised are fully and properly implemented and documented.