Financial crime of all types, remains at the forefront of the regulatory agenda. Investigations and enforcement in respect of market abuse, anti-money laundering, sanctions and bribery are all on the rise. The speed with which risks can materialise requires businesses to have a firm understanding of their risk exposure as well as of their legal obligations aimed at managing and minimizing such risk.
Our AFC team at Camilleri Preziosi is expertly able to assist with the implementation and maintenance of robust control environments and systems to ensure that the necessary safeguards and processes are in place. Moreover, the team is able to leverage our firm-wide extensive industry experience in advising in these areas, drawing on expertise in the areas of risk, governance and compliance as well as our industry sector know-how to deliver tailored risk management and compliance advice.
We advise our clients on maintaining robust control environments and systems, and on ways to implement an effective governance and proactive financial crime risk management culture.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Advising on legal obligations arising out of Maltese anti-money laundering legislation and other applicable regulations and procedures;
- Sanctions advice;
- Drafting of business and customer risk assessments;
- Assistance with compliance visits;
- Assessment of clients’ processes and procedures and drawing up recommendations for compliance or improvement;
- Assistance and representation during appeals or other proceedings;
- Delivery of anti-money laundering related training;
- Advising on the preparation and implementation of remediation plans.