Having been involved in most of the larger projects in the last two decades, our experience in the energy sector in Malta is unparalleled, and we are consistently recognised as market leaders in this segment. We are often involved in all stages of a project, from its structuring, procurement, commissioning, off-take and implementation.
We advise on a full range of energy-related matters, including projects, financing, infrastructure, operations and maintenance, regulatory matters and litigation.
We have advised private operators, Government and State-owned entities, as well as regulators on various aspects of the sector, including in relation to international obligations, complex deals and innovative solutions.
Through our experience we have developed an understanding of specialised industry sectors such as aviation and energy, giving us an appreciation of the practical and commercial dynamics, which are so important to our clients.
Keeping abreast with rapidly advancing technology which is reshaping the sector, as well as our understanding of renewables and the relevant regulatory framework, including also associated areas, such as State aid, allows our team to give advice which is consistently relevant and comprehensive.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Utilities projects from preparation of tender documents to implementation;
- Public procurement in the utilities sector;
- Power purchase agreement;
- Implementation of EU legislation;
- State aid related to utilities infrastructure and operation;
- Investment in renewable energy and carbon credits;
- bunkering and fuel storage