This is an area in which our firm has garnered expertise over decades, and in which we maintain a leading market presence in assisting both private and public sector entities across a broad spectrum of areas. The firm’s high profile, quality work in this field has elevated Camilleri Preziosi to tier one of competition practitioners in Malta.
We foster important and long-standing relationships with both clients and regulators, having gained experience in dealing with both local and European Union entities.
Our continued involvement in this industry sector has enabled us to understand not only our clients’ requirements but also the policy approach taken by regulators and apply this knowledge and experience to provide effective solutions to bespoke situations.
Having an in-depth knowledge of the application of competition rules, and focusing on understanding your business environment and strategy, we assists clients to comply Competition law obligations in an effective competition policy, both on a project-based basis and on an on-going basis. We offer a range of services in this field including competition law enforcement and litigation, assistance in connection with investigations by competition authorities, competition litigation and merger filings.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- advising on matters of EU law, including free movement of goods and persons;
- acting for defendants and complainants on contentious antitrust issues;
- advising on the competition and regulatory aspects of acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures, including complex merger filings;
- advising private and public sector clients on all aspects of State aid matters across a range of sectors, including European Commission authorisations, investigations and transactions;
- acting for clients in antitrust litigation proceedings and investigations on abuse of dominance and anti-competitive agreements;
- advising on public procurement matters, including appeals in tender proceedings