We are an undisputed leader in the banking and finance space. We are trusted counsel to some of the largest banks and financial institutions which define the industry and dictate market practice.
Our long-standing practice advises a prestigious portfolio of credit and financial institutions on transactional and other matters. Our experience in acting for arranging banks and lenders as well as credit intermediaries and borrowers across an extensive range of industrial and commercial sectors, enables us to address the requirements of all parties to a transaction. We act on the most challenging banking and restructuring transactions both of a pure domestic nature as well as advising international banks in connection with transactions involving Maltese corporates. In these cross-border financing transactions, our lawyers work in teams capable of providing innovative and pragmatic advice sustained by the transactional expertise of our lawyers.
We maintain a leading market position in this segment which has been consistently recognised by our clients and peers in the market, having been ranked as a Top-Tier firm for a long number of years in directories such as Chambers, IFLR1000 and the Legal 500. Our position as trusted long-standing counsel to a significant number of financial operators in the local market has also assisted us is establishing and maintaining over the last 25 years important relationships with international clients and law-firms involved in international cross-border transactions for whom we remain the Maltese firm of choice in referrals and with whom we have today established a relationship that can provide an immediate, effective and seamless service to clients.
Our expertise in this area includes
- advise on domestic and international banking and restructuring transactions;
- acquisition finance;
- derivatives, including interest rate, currency, credit, equity, commodity, insurance and other swaps and options, repos and stock lending;
- leasing and asset finance for aircraft, ships and other capital assets;
- loan finance;
- project finance;
- securitisation and structured finance;
- debt capital markets;
- regulatory advice in both contentious and non-contentious scenarios;
- advice on regulatory capital to banks and financial institutions.