Malta’s development over the last 20 years as a centre of ever-increasing importance in the iGaming sector and the presence of a significant cluster of world-renowned multinational gaming companies has seen the increased importance of servicing this industry sector in all its requirements, ranging from corporate work, commercial contracts, governance, corporate finance as well as technology related areas.
Our multidisciplinary team offers bespoke assistance which ranges from the incorporation of the local company through to the license application process and, thereafter, in compliance and regulatory matters. From an operational perspective, this is complemented by our corporate, employment and advisory support services that are offered subsequent to authorisation.
We also act for a number of local operators in the land-based gaming sector, including some of the major players in the market. We also advise clients operating in other sectors on initiatives requiring the Malta Gaming Authority clearance.
- advisory services at inception and on-going compliance and advisory services to remote gaming operators ;
- an all-encompassing range of advice and assistance throughout the application process, including the incorporation of the company, liaison with the regulators;
- assistance with compliance requirements on an on-going basis following authorisation. We also provide assistance with the help of qualified service providers who are competent in IT infrastructure and compliance audit processes where necessary;
- advice on drafting a wide array of documentation, such as service provider and platform agreements, IP license agreements, employment and key official contracts, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, as well as software licenses and maintenance agreements, amongst others;
- assistance in litigation and dispute resolution on gaming-related issues.