Vanessa da Costa Palmer
Corporate and M&A Advisor
Vanessa is a corporate lawyer specialising in corporate law and M&A (for both private and public companies). Vanessa’s areas of practice include advising on, and drafting legal documentation in relation to, transactions involving share or asset purchases, joint ventures, restructuring and shareholders’ agreements, as well as assisting on corporate governance matters. Vanessa has been involved in a number of transactions involving acquisitions of businesses within the wholesale and retail industry in Malta, as well as advising on various company law and corporate governance matters pertaining to the subscription of shares in Maltese companies including employee share options.
Vanessa qualified as an attorney in South Africa in 2009 after having completed her articles of clerkship at the Johannesburg office of an international law firm. In addition to having worked as in-house legal counsel for two multinational companies (one of which is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange), she also became a partner within the Commercial, M&A department of one of the South African offices of another large international law firm.
Vanessa obtained her LL.M. in Corporate Law (with distinction) in 2012 through the University of the Witwatersrand, and is in the final stage of completing the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme through the Chartered Governance Institute of UK & Ireland.
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Legal Practice Council (South Africa) (Non-practising roll)
- Student Member of Chartered Governance Institute of UK & Ireland
- Certificate, Data: Law, Policy & Regulation, London School of Economics and Political Science
- LL.M. Corporate Law (cum laude), University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Certificate, Advanced Company Law, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Certificate, Competition Law, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- LL.B. (cum laude), University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- B.Com (Law & Economics) (cum laude), University of Johannesburg, South Africa